Secrets of global flying - Sleeping on the new timezone
Updated February 11, 2019 by CJ
Sleep as if you were at your destination and your brain won’t even realise it’s jetlagged.
The continuity of sleep, both on the plane and when you arrive at your destination, is a necessity here.
Sleep at the new timezone!
If you are in London (somewhat UTC +0), travelling to Hong Kong (UTC +8):
- Normal wake up in London: 07:00
- Which corresponds to 15:00 in Hong Kong
- If you wake up earlier before your flight, you are naturally awake earlier when you reach Hong Kong
Comparing London with Hong Kong for your daily rhythm:
The adjusted time in this example is still compatible with a 9-5 job in London.
While it’s not a perfect shift (not many people eat dinner at midnight) it will help you get in to the rhythm of the destination.
Every hour of time difference takes a day to adjust, each day you’re available, try waking up that little bit earlier.
- Artificial intelligence and the airport
- Explore the New England region of Australia from Armidale
- How to survive jetlag
- End daylight savings time
- 8 tips for long haul flying
- Fun-sized airport flying